Monday 7 June 2010

Progress

Here are some of the squares I have been crocheting for my Babette blanket.  My aim is to fill it with my Autumn colours so I'm making large, medium and small squares with some of the same colours repeated and lots of little squares to fill in the spaces.  I'm not one for sticking to patterns...more 'go with the flow'...if it doesn't work then I change it or re-do it.


The pattern is based on the Interweave Babette blanket pattern.  I've also mixed it up and borrowed ideas from the June 2010 issue of Better Homes and Gardens magazine.  They have a pattern for a "Vivid dreams" blanket which is very similar to the Babette.


As I am a sensitive type of person, in mind and in body, I need soft on my skin and not scratchy.  So I have chosen Panda's Magnum Soft range of 8ply acrylic, it's very soft.  They don't have a yellow yarn in their soft range so I've also used Moda Vera Marvel 8ply, it's a little finer than the Panda, but it matches for softness.



3 comments:

Jesse said...

Oooo, it looks beautiful already! I can't wait to see it finished!

Carli said...

I love all the sizes - it's going to be wonderful x

Dani said...

Your chosen colour scheme is beautiful. I am making this same blanket for my mother in law using the original colours. It looks so busy.

Its wonderful to see. Thanks for sharing.